The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
The Google Cloud training team develops and delivers Google Cloud Platform product and solution training to thousands of partners, customers and developers, and has ambitious plans to quickly grow both the range and reach of the training on offer. The training is delivered through a mix of internal trainers and external training partners.
As part of this team, your role will be to deliver training to strategic and/or customers/partners and to Google Cloud internal teams. While the focus of this role is to deliver courses from the Architecting, Networking and Security curriculum, you may also be asked to take on courses from other parts of our curriculum as our offering expands.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Deliver technical training experiences covering topics such as Cloud based programming (i.e. Python/Java) and data science (statistics/ETL/machine learning) to diverse audiences (e.g. partners, customers, Googlers etc).
- Evaluate, train, audit and coach trainers from our partner training companies.
- Provide direct field feedback to the Curriculum Development team on content being delivered and act as a subject matter expert on new content or existing content as/when required.
- Participate in training planning conversations with strategic customers/partners and work on tailoring content for those audiences as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience conducting training for a tech company, within a company with a technology workforce or for a public training provider.
- Experience in programming (Python/Java) and data science (statistics/ETL/machine learning).
- Ability to speak and write in English, Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience with assisting with the creation, maintaining and/or delivering of technical content in a fast-moving technology area.
- Experience mentoring developers adopting new technologies.
- Expert in one or more technologies, as evidenced by invited talks at industry conferences, a high Stack Overflow rating, committer on open-source projects, authoring of magazine articles and books, etc.
- Comfortable with working in a fast growing, dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of the time.